What is a Grinder?
Want to get the most out of your favorite smoking substance? Or do you dream to look like a cool stoner and make a lasting impression on your friends? Then you just need to know how to use a grinder and have such a magic tool in your arsenal!
How Does Grinder Work?
It is a special device with cutting elements (teeth) that are used in grinding weed. It is an important accessory for smokers, as it is one of the easiest ways to grind dry buds, sort them, and get the coveted kiff.
This machine will perfectly process the flowers without losing anything, and you won’t get your hands dirty or hurt using a grinder. Grinder manufacturers these days boast an unprecedented variety. They come in a variety of sizes and designs, can be made from different materials, and have many additional options.
Why Use a Grinder for Weed?
The advantages of a professional device over amateur means are obvious. Here are just some of the advantages of the grinder:
- Efficiency. When a smoking substance is grounded, it becomes more effective. It’s not magic, it’s science! With the grinder, the particles of the original substance become the same, desired size, and the bud becomes a homogeneous mass. This increases the contact surface area of the weed and the smoking device and makes it easier to burn. Combustion of such a substance becomes smoother.
- Time-saving. Grinding your smoking substances with the grinder will take much less time than with other cutting tools. This means you can start your smoking session much sooner!
- Kiff. The kiff trap, which collects all the pollen knocked off the smoking substance during the shredding process, is a great addition to the grinder design. It will help collect those stiff particles that would simply be lost in manual shredding. So if you’re planning to buy your first grinder, we highly recommend choosing a device with a kiff compartment. You may have to pay a little more, but the reward is worth it!
- Easy transportation. Sure, you can still transport your buds in a ziplock bag, but this is the 21st century, after all! Transporting smokable substances in a grinder looks a lot cooler. Besides, cannabis will be reliably protected from moisture and extraneous odors by the walls of the device. So, what are you waiting for? Run out and get yourself a grinder, if you don’t already have one. And when you do, we’ll tell you how to use it!
Using a Weed Grinder Guide
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use a weed grinder.
- Loading the smoking substance. Take off the lid of the device. Squeeze the staff between the prongs or place it in the working part of the grinder by dividing the bud into smaller pieces. Try not to place a large amount of substance in the center of the device, because there is a magnetic lock that prevents the grinder from opening arbitrarily, and grinding in this part is bad.
- Grinding. Close the lid of the grinder. Hold the bottom of the device with one hand and rotate the lid with the other hand. You will feel some resistance at first, so you will have to put some effort into it. Rotate the grinder until the resistance disappears.
- Collect the ground substance. Open the lid of the upper chamber of the grinder. All the freshly ground cannabis will be in the collection chamber under the prongs. Carefully collect the smoking substance, ready for further manipulation.
- Kiff. After you have repeated the grinding procedure several times, some kiff will collect in the lowest chamber of the grinder. You can collect it with a special spatula, which is usually in the same compartment.
- Enjoy your labor. After a few uses, you’ll get a full picture of your grinder and figure out how to use it correctly to get the finished product of the consistency you want.
More in Weed 101
What is a pinene terpene?
Terpene confirmed that it is a new branch of the marijuana industry. Pineapple reduces stress levels and is therefore popular...
How to Make a Gravity Bong?
Homemade bongs are the most creative devices that were created by human hands. They can take a variety of shapes...
How to Clean Bong
Cleaning glass bong may seem complicated, but it’s the most important part of your enjoyable and safe smoking experience. After...