Find Out What Is Marijuana Tincture And How To Cook It Correct With Recipes Below
What Is Marijuana Tincture
There are many ways to consume cannabis, and the tincture is a great option for beginners. It is a concentrated plant extract that requires high-grade alcohol to create. Alcohol is used to extract terpenes and cannabinoids from the plant. If you want to avoid the heady effect, you can use marijuana glycerin tincture.
Making cannabis alcohol tincture is an easy way to extract THC and cannabinoids from cannabis. Tincture is an alcoholic base solution used to extract organic matter from herbs and other plants. Tinctures are useful because they isolate certain compounds better than soaking or boiling herbs in water, alcohol acts as a natural preservative, and medicinal tinctures often act faster than other routes of administration such as eating, drinking, or smoking.
Some tinctures can be taken orally, while others need to be applied to the skin. This difference is due to the way they are prepared. If you make tincture of marijuana from foods such as Bacardi 151 rum, Everclear vodka, glycerin, etc., then they can be ingested. If you are using isopropyl alcohol (or a substance that is dangerous to swallow), then the tincture will be for external use. Do not use isopropyl alcohol when making tinctures for oral administration – it is unsafe!
In general, alcohol is more suitable for creating a marijuana alcohol tincture as it binds better to THC than glycerin. Alcohol allows you to create tinctures faster than glycerin, as it forms a bond with THC more easily. The alcohol needs to be high, and sometimes it is easier to get glycerin, which is sold in every pharmacy.
Glycerin is derived from plants and is great for making a tincture if you don’t want the heady effects of alcohol. While glycerin is great for tinctures, it doesn’t bind so well with THC. Therefore, it is better to use alcohol for tincture and then add glycerin. If you want to make marijuana tincture glycerin more potent, you can vaporize some alcohol and add glycerin instead.
If you can get your hands on Everclear without any problems, then nothing else is needed. Everclear is a great alcohol to go with alcohol marijuana tincture as it is very pure and can be consumed internally, which is extremely important. You can also use Bacardi 151 rum. It is not as good as Everclear, but strong enough to bind THC easily.
THC Tincture Benefits
CBD tinctures reduce stress and allow you to achieve a pleasantly relaxed state, which is certainly better than four to five glasses of whiskey, followed by alcoholic intoxication.
Despite the popularity of cannabidiol and the evidence for cannabis tincture benefits, no large-scale controlled trials have been conducted on its efficacy.
CBD may have anti-anxiety, anti-inflammatory and antipsychotic properties, and may be beneficial in the treatment of schizophrenia.
Cannabidiol appears to have anti-inflammatory effects and may help with intestinal inflammation such as Crohn’s disease or neurological diseases.
As far as the use of CBD in the “wellness” drinks and tinctures or energy drinks that are so heavily touted, the weed tincture benefits have not been scientifically proven.
Cannabis Alcohol Tincture Recipe
In a tincture weed recipe, the typical plant matter to alcohol ratio is 1 gram per 1 fluid ounce of alcohol. You can use up to 0.013 pounds of cannabis, depending on your resources and how concentrated you want the final product to be. Do not use any alcohol other than ethyl or ethanol (such as isopropyl alcohol or methyl alcohol) as these chemicals are toxic. In the marijuana tincture recipe, we will use:
- Cannabis sativa bud, fresh or dried.
- High strength ethanol.
- Flavoring (optional).
- Small glass jar with a lid.
- Dropper bottle made of brown or blue glass.
Everclear is a popular source of ethanol because it is very high in alcohol. Be sure to use food grade ethanol and not denatured alcohol. Denatured alcohol contains contaminants that make it unsafe to drink. Lower alcohol concentrations will not be as effective for extraction or preservation.
Basic Steps of Marijuana Tincture Recipes:
- Place the marijuana in the bottle.
- Pour the alcohol into the bottle, making sure it covers the plant matter.
- Close the bottle. Place it in a warm place away from direct sunlight.
- Give the alcohol mixture at least a day, but preferably more than a week, so that it is absorbed. You can shake the bottle from time to time to ensure good extraction of THC and other cannabinoids.
- Filter the liquid through a coffee filter to remove particulate matter and leave the liquid in a dark glass dropper bottle. Avoid using plastic, as the liquid over time can wash out some unwanted compounds from the plastic into the tincture.
- A typical dose is 3-5 drops, depending on how strong the tincture is. Start with the minimum amount and see what works best for you.
Quick Weed Tincture Recipe:
While the classic tincture instructions are fine, you can prepare the tincture much faster if you want to spend a little more time preparing it. This recipe allows you to get an effective tincture in just an hour. The disadvantage of the quick best tincture recipe is that it uses heat, which can damage some of the many cannabinoids in cannabis if you get carried away. Do not exceed the recommended temperature.
- Dry about 0.009-0.01 pounds of Cannabis sativa buds.
- Grind material to increase surface area.
- Bake the marijuana at 240 F for 30 minutes. This decarboxylates the substance, enhancing the recovery of the desired compounds and helping to eliminate unwanted chemicals. Both heat and alcohol can convert THCA molecules in plant matter into active THC.
- Add marijuana to 2 ounces of alcohol. Make sure it is closed and close the container to prevent gas exchange with air.
- Place the container in a cool, dark place. The longer you allow the alcohol to extract the cannabinoids, the stronger your tincture will be. You can observe the extraction process when the color of the liquid changes from clear to green. Once the color is stable (up to 2 or 3 hours), filter the liquid with a coffee filter or cheesecloth.
- Store the tincture in a dark glass dropper bottle. Although the alcohol will keep the tincture at room temperature, it can be refrigerated to further reduce the chances of mold or mildew growth.
The blog team thanks you for reading our article and would like to wish you the best of luck in making a wonderful cannabis tincture and having fun with this magical potion.
- We see you've got what you wanted! Give a feedback!
- We already spotted your angry eyes. Come on, spell it.
All provided content on the blog is presented exclusively for adults (21+ years old)
The content on this channel does not form a professional opinion, recommendation, substitute for consulting a specialist, or receiving medical advice. Cannabis is a dangerous drug, as defined in the Dangerous Drugs Ordinance, for all that assumes. Four Hundred and Twenty does not encourage or recommend consuming any substance and will not be responsible for any such use.
More in Recipes
Homemade Marijuana Muffins. Easy Recipe For Tasty Blueberry Muffins Marijuana
Marijuana muffins are a treat that almost every stoner on the planet loves. And ingredients such as blueberries and hemp...
Honey Weed: The Most Delicious And Easy Recipe For Beginners And Cannabis Lovers
Honey Weed In recent years, natural canna honey has not only gained popularity, but also remains an invariable subject of...
Best Amazing Rice Krispie Edibles And Sauces For Relaxing Evening With Friends
Rice Krispie Edibles If you are a cannabis smoker, but you also want to try cooking something using cannabis products....